The Names of GOD
The Holy Ghost Spirit
The HOLY SPIRIT
The third person of the Trinity, who exercises the power of The Father and The Son in creation and redemption. Because the Holy Spirit is the power by which believers come to Christ and see with new eyes of faith, He is closer to us than we are to ourselves. Like the eyes of the body through which we see physical things, He is seldom in focus to be seen directly because He is the one through whom all else is seen in a new light. This explains why the relationship of The Father and The Son is more prominent in the Gospels, because it is through the eyes of the Holy Spirit that Father - Son relationship is viewed. The Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are unified in ministering to believers.
The Spirit of GOD
The Spirit of GOD, that manifestation of the One GOD working in creation and especially in human beings. The Holy Spirit is referred to in Old Testament 80 times and about 240 times in the New Testament. It is The Spirit of GOD moving over the surface of the water who is active in the creation.
- Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And The Spirit of GOD moved upon the face of the waters."
- Psalms 104:30 "Thou sendest forth My Spirit, they are created: and they renewest the face of the earth."
The HOLY Ghost
- Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of The LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of The Holy Ghost."
- Mark 1:8 "I indeed have baptized you with water: but He shall baptize you with The Holy Ghost."
- Luke 1:15 "For he shall be great in the sight of The LORD, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with The Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb."
- Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of The Highest shall overshadow thee; therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called The Son of GOD."
- Luke 4:1 "And JESUS being full of The Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was lead by The Spirit into the wilderness,"
- John 1:33 "And I know Him not: but He that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, upon whom thou shall see The Spirt descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He that baptizeth with The Holy Ghost."
- John 20:22 "And when He has said this, He breathed on them, and saith unto them, receive ye The Holy Ghost:"
- Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with The Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as The Spirit gave them utterance."
- Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in The Name of JESUS Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of The Holy Ghost."
- Acts 5:3 "But Peter said An-a-ni-as, why hath satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?"
- Acts 7:51 "Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist The Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."
- Acts 10:38 "How GOD anointed JESUS of Nazareth with The Holy Ghost and with power; Who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for GOD was with Him."
- Acts 15:28-29 "For it seemed good to The Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fair ye well."
- Acts 19:2 "He said unto them, Have ye received The Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, we have not so much of heard whether there be any Holy Ghost."
- Romans 14:17 "For the Kingdom of GOD is not meat and drink; but Righteousness, and Peace, and Joy in The Holy Ghost!"
The HOLY SPIRIT
* New Birth:
- John 3:5-8 "JESUS answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of GOD. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spitit."
The HOLY SPIRIT
* Gives Life:
- John 6:62-64 "What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where He was before? It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not."
The Spirit of Jesus or Christ
- Acts 16:6-7 "Now when they had gone throughout Phyrg-i-a and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of The Holy Ghost to preach the Word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bi-thyn-ia: but The Spirit suffered them not."
- Romans 8:9-11 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in The Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of GOD dwell in you. Now if any man have not The Spirit of The Christ, he is none of His. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but The Sirit is life because of righteousness. But if The Sprit of Him that raised up JESUS from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you."
- Phillipians 1:19-20 "For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of The Spirit of Jesus Christ, According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death."
- I Peter 1: 10-12 "Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what or what manner of time The Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified before hand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them which have preached the Gospel unto you with The Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into."
It is through the Comforter (Helper) that Father and Son abide with the disciples:
- John 14:15-18 "If you love me, keep My commandments. And I will pray The Father, and He shall give you another Comfortor, that He may abide with you for ever; Even The Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
- John 14:23-27 "If a man love Me, he will keep my words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth Me keepeth not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but The Father's which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is The Holy Ghost whom The Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- John 15: 26-27 "But when The Comfortor is come, whom I will send unto you from The Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which preceedeth The Father, He shall testify of Me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning."
The Promise of The Father:
Holy Ghost Baptism
- Acts 1:1 "...of all that JESUS began to do and teach, Until the day in which He was taken up, after that He through The Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen: To whom also He shewed Himself alive after the passion of many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking to the things pertaining to the Kingdom of GOD: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the Promise of The Father, which, saith He, ye have heard of Me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with The Holy Ghost not many days hence. When they therefore were come together, they asked of Him, saying, LORD, wilt thou at this time restore again the Kingdom to Israel? And He said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which The Father hath put in His own power. But ye shall receive power, after that The Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth. And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same JESUS, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall also come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven.
TheSpirit of theSoverignLORDGOD
-Luke 4:18-19 "The Spirit of The LORD is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of The LORD."
-Isaiah 61:1-3 "The Spirit of The LORD GOD is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of The LORD, and the Day of Vengence of our GOD; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of The LORD, that He might be glorified."
* in the form of a dove at the baptism of JESUS
- Matthew 3:16-17 "And JESUS, when HE was baptized, went up straightway out of the water; and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He say the Spirit of GOD descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is MY beloved Son, in whom I AM well pleased."
- Mark 1:9-12 "And it came to pass in those days, that JESUS came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And straightway coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him: And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art MY beloved Son, in whom I AM well pleased. And immediately the Spirit driveth Him into the wilderness."
- Luke 3:21-22 "Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that JESUS also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art MY beloved Son; in Thee IAM well pleased."
- John 1:32-34 "And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon Him. And I knew Him not: but He that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bear record that this is the Son of GOD."
* cloven tongues of fire on the day of Pentecost
- Acts 2:1-8 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it set upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
|Who GOD Is!|
|The Names of GOD the Father|
|The Names of GOD the SON|
|The Names of GOD the Holy Ghost|
|The Apostles Creed|
|The Lord's Supper: Communion|
Copyright © 2006 http://www.LillyOfTheValleyVa.com USA
Who GOD Is: The Names of GOD, The HOLY GHOST Spirit. Hosted by: Lilly Of The Valley VA's JESUS Loves You! Prayer Counseling Ministry
GOD, SON, JESUS, Holy, Bible, Deity, Christ, combat, Prayer, Love, Prayer, Counseling, Ministry, Scripture ,Spirit, Soverign, LORD, CHRIST, Comforter, Helper, HOLY, Ghost, Spirit, Trinity, Soverign, Manifestation, Lilly,Valley, VA, Virginia,
The Names of GOD, The HOLY GHOST Spirit: The third person of the Trinity, who exercises the power of The Father and The Son in creation and redemption. Because the Holy Spirit is the power by which believers come to Christ and see with new eyes of faith, He is closer to us than we are to ourselves... Hosted by: Lilly Of The Valley VA's JESUS Loves You! Prayer Counseling Ministry